Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
Product information Canon , US Version
|Product Dimensions||3.1 x 3.3 x 3.3 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||2.07 pounds|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Customer Reviews||4.2 out of 5 stars 64Reviews|
|Date first listed on Amazon||March 20, 2015|
Warranty & Support
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
A wide and fast Canon eve-mount prime, the 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM lenses a member of the highly regarded art line of sigma's global vision series and is characterized by its advanced optical construction and robust physical design. The combination of three "f" low dispersion (FLD) elements and four special low dispersion elements help to achieve a marked reduction in chromatic aberrations, while a pair of aspherical elements, with one positioned in the rear of the lens, minimize a variety of additional distortions and aberrations.
Top Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF Comparison Chart
|This item Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Le...||Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens||Sigma 412954 20mm F1.4 Art DG...||Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Len...|
|Sold By||ShopSmart Deals||Amazon.com||Photo Savings||Circuit City|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Canon EF||Canon EF-S||Canon EF, Canon EF||Canon EF|
|Focus Type||Auto/Manual||Stepper motor||auto-focus||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||3.1 x 3.3 x 3.3 in||0.91 x 2.68 x 2.68 in||5.1 x 3.6 x 3.6 in||3.7 x 3.03 x 3.03 in|
|Item Weight||1 lb||4.41 ounces||2.1 lbs||—|
|Lens Type||wide-angle-prime||Prime lens||standard-prime||Prime lens|
|Maximum Aperture||1.4 millimeters||f/2.8||f/16||1.4|
|Maximum Focal Length||24 millimeters||24 millimeters||20||35 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||24 millimeters||24 millimeters||20||35 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||77 millimeters||52 millimeters||—||67 millimeters|
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF Reviews
- Aaron SimonsonVerified PurchaseStyle: CanonConfiguration: US VersionThis lens had good reviews here and elsewhere but I should have paid more attention to negative reviews, almost all of which commented on focus issues. This front focuses on...
- Hazel BassVerified PurchaseStyle: NikonConfiguration: US VersionNot quite in the same league as the 35mm and 50mm Art lenses. However, as good as the iconic Canon 24mm. I am a professional photographer and demand the best, I am not...
- Jimmy BeckVerified PurchaseStyle: NikonConfiguration: US VersionI admit that for many years I was a lens snob (first Canon, then later Nikon). Yet with this latest addition of the Sigma ART 24 1.4, I find myself with an all-Sigma set of...
- David ColesonVerified PurchaseStyle: NikonConfiguration: US VersionThis lens amazes me every time i use it. I won't get into the technical aspects, but every time i put this on my camera (Nikon D750) after using my Nikon lenses, i always...
- Ronald RobbStyle: CanonConfiguration: US VersionI did have initial back focusing issue (for those new to photography it's when the focus is beyond the subject you're trying to focus on and vise versa). I did micro adjust...
- Alice RichardsonVerified PurchaseStyle: NikonConfiguration: US VersionConsider this a preliminary review. I'll update it as things evolve.
When I first got this lens, I went out and took a variety of photos in a variety of conditions...
- Mabel AdkinsVerified PurchaseStyle: CanonConfiguration: US VersionJust for those who are interested in purchasing a wide angle prime lens for some kind of astro or nightsky photography. I bought this lens just a couple of weeks ago and used...
- James HeckardVerified PurchaseStyle: NikonConfiguration: US VersionThis lens... It does not disappoint. My first Sigma Art lens was the 50 1.4 and I immediately fell in love with it. I can shoot entire engagement sessions and most of a...
- Alexandria BargerVerified PurchaseStyle: NikonConfiguration: US VersionAlmost 5 Stars
The Sigma 24mm f1.4 Art is an outstanding lens, sharp and well built. I also own the 20mm f1.4 and 14mm f1.8 Art lenses. From my experience you absolutely...
From the manufacturer
24mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
SIGMA Art Goes Wide
The Sigma 24 millimeter 1.4 DG HSM Art is a state of the art wide-angle prime lens designed for Full Frame cameras but will work with APS-C sensors as well. Using over 50 years of lens making experience, particularly the knowledge gained from the 35 millimeter 1.4 Art and the 50 millimeter 1.4 Art, the 24 millimeter 1.4 Art is aimed at being the new standard for fast aperture wide angle prime lenses. The latest optical design allows for the utmost in image quality with careful attention paid to edge to edge performance. An optimized power layout places the aspherical lens elements in the rear and adjusts the incidence angle of light source allowing for great performance wide open. Using premium FLD and SLD glass elements, the lens brings aberrations and distortion to a minimum, an issue many wide-angle lenses suffer from. With class leading performance, this lens is ideal for wedding photography, landscape photography, videography, astrophotography, low-light or indoor photography and event photography. As with all Global Vision lines, the 24 millimeter will be tested using the proprietary 'A1' measuring system ensuring the highest standard of operation. The Sigma 24 millimeter Art is compatible with the USB dock to update and customize and is also compatible with the Mount Conversion Service. A staple procedure for the Global Vision lines, every lens will be tested using the proprietary 'A1' measuring system.
USB Dock Compatibility
Sigma has developed special software (SIGMA Optimization Pro) that can update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus and full-time manual focus function.
Since 1961, and with the recent introduction of Sigma Global Vision, we have worked toward one single, simple goal: To hold ourselves to the highest standard of design and manufacturing of imaging products. Photography is all we do. And it’s all we’ve done. So you can rest assured that it’s something we know extensively and care deeply about. You have a vision. We’ve made it our mission.
- Large aperture wide-angle lens
- Performance similar to 35mm F1.4 Art & 50mm F1.4 Art
- FLD and SLD glass elements to reduce distortion and chromatic aberration
- Filter size: 77mm